September is a busy time around Richmond, with tons of events and festivals you can attend! Here are a few of our favorite festivals.
- Flowers After 5: Flowers After 5 is a terrific way to relax at the end of the day. This event has been going on at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden all summer, but there are still two Thursday events left for you to attend. There’s live music, flowers of course, and more! Note that the September 13th event is also a Fidos event, which means that your dog is welcome, too!
- Stone’s Throw Down in RVA: This festival on September 8 includes independent craft beer with a full day of music! Proceeds benefit the James River Association, Neighborhood Resource Center of Greater Fulton, Virginia Trail Foundation, and Venture Richmond.
- Mathews Market Days Festival: This free, two-day event is held the Friday after Labor Day. This year it will be September 7-8 from 9:00 through 5:00. There will be arts and crafts, a car show, fresh produce, live music, kids activities, and more.
- Paley Music Festival: September 7 – 8. This “feast of musical delight” celebrating Russian piano music includes two Blunther pianos. There are two performances on Saturday.
- 43rd Street Festival of the Arts: September 15, 2018.This street festival is a fundraiser for Caritas, with food, music, and arts and crafts. There is a massive list of artists who support the street festival. Caritas is an organization that helps families and children.
- Heart of Virginia Bike Festival: September 15, 2018. This exciting bike festival has several bike rides for the cycling enthusiast. There’s an English Century ride with 101 miles, a Metric Century with 64 miles, a Half Metric Century of 34 miles and a family ride of 11 miles. It’s in Hanover, Virginia and takes the paths of the Patrick Henry as well as the Washington-Rochambeau Revolutionary Route. It has full SAG support, so if your bike breaks down, someone will assist you.
- Virginia State Fair: The Virginia State Fair will be held at the Meadow Event Park, with live music (including Grammy-winning artists, rides, agricultural displays, and competitions. Dowell, VA, September 28 to October 7.
Remember if you need to drive to any of these events, stop by and let us service your car first. Please call us, drop by, or schedule an appointment online with The Euro Shop VA here in Richmond. We hope you enjoy your September festivals and you can count on us to keep your vehicle performing reliably and safely.